- Тагирова Глюзя Закуановна, заместитель директора по ИР
Презентация к уроку
Загрузить презентацию (707,1 кБ)
Внимание! Предварительный просмотр слайдов используется исключительно в ознакомительных целях и может не давать представления о всех возможностях презентации. Если вас заинтересовала данная работа, пожалуйста, загрузите полную версию.
- Учебная: развивать лексические навыки говорения по теме "Президенты США".
- Развивающая: развивать умение применения полученных знаний в конкретной ситуации.
- Воспитательная: прививать интерес к культуре, традициям англоязычных стран, уважение к собственной культуре, развивать страноведческую компетенцию, интерес, любознательность.
- Совершенствовать навыки аудирования, развивать навыки монологической речи.
- Овладеть новыми словами в сочетании с раннее усвоенными.
- Развивать беглость и гибкость речи, учить варьировать способы выражения мысли.
- Развивать умения извлекать информацию из предложенного материала, устанавливать связь, в том числе логическую, обобщать изложенные факты.
Технические средства: компьютер, проектор с экраном, магнитофон, запись гимна США, портрет президента, карта США, плакаты с высказываниями, раздаточный материал для учащихся.
I. Teacher: Good morning, everybody! Glad to see you, dear friends! Let's start our English lesson.
The theme of our lesson is "Abraham Lincoln" (слайд №1)
You know that there 50 states in the USA. The capital of the USA is Washington. Do you know why the city is called Washington?
George Washington, the general who commanded the North American Army in the War of Independence against Britain, became the president of the United States. George Washington is known as the "Father of His Country". He and those who fought with him did much for their country: they freed it from colonial oppression.
How many presidents were there in the history of the USA?
Today we'll speak about the 16th president of the USA. His name is "Abraham Lincoln" (слайд № 7)
We'll learn many interesting facts about him.
II. Before listening to the text let's work and do some tasks.
Look at the blackboard.
- the State of Kentucky [ken't^ki] -Кентуки , Illinois [ili'noi] - Иллиноис
- Look at the photo of Abraham Lincoln (слайд № 7). Have you seen the film "Grey and Blue"? In this film you could see Abraham Lincoln. He was very tall. His height was 6 feet and 4 inches
- 1 foot = 30,48 см (фут), 1 inch =2,54 см (дюйм)
- Look at the map. Find two states: Kentucky, Illinois
in a hut made of logs - бревенчатая хижина
unkindly were treated - (обратите внимание на приставку и суффикс)
believe in - верить в
III. Listen to the text.
On the 12th of February, 1809, a little boy was born in the backwoods of America, in the state of Kentucky. His name was Abraham Lincoln and he lived with his parents and his sister in a hut made of logs (слайд № 3)
Life was not very easy for the Lincoln family. In all his life Abraham never went to school for more than a year, and then he had five different teachers (слайд № 2)
When he was grown-up, Lincoln once passed a large open market place, and there for the first time he saw Negromen, women and even children who were sold as slaves to white masters. He also saw how unkindly these poor slaves were treated. At the time he said nothing, but he never forgot it and he decided to help the slaves.
Later he became a lawyer. The people of Illinois made him a member of parliament (слайд № 5). They believed in him and finally made him their leader, the president of the USA (слайд № 10, 14, 11).
Teacher: Answer the questions:
- What is the text about?
- When was Abraham Lincoln born?
- Was the life easy for the Lincoln family?
- Did he go to school?
- Did he become a lawyer?
- The people of Illinois made him a Member of Parliament, didn't they?
- Did they believe in Abraham Lincoln?
IV. Listen to the text once more and then finish the sentences.
- He lived with::
- At the open market place he saw:..
- He went to school:.
- He had five different :..
- He became:.he was against
- Abraham Lincoln was born:.
V. Let's listen to report of pupil 1. (More information about Abraham Lincoln).
Lincoln's father was a poor farmer. His childhood was spent in hard work, helping his father on their farm. His favourite books were "The life of George Washington", "Robinson Crusoe" by Daniel Defoe. Abraham Lincoln worked hard and later became a lawyer.
In 1847 he was elected a member of the US Congress (слайд № 16). In 1869 Lincoln was elected president of the USA (слайд № 12). Then he worked still harder for freedom for the slaves. In 1860, he was elected president of the USA for the second time (слайд №15). But the enemies who not let him continue his good work. He was shot in the theatre in Washington on April 14, 1865 (слайд № 17). The assassin was Wilkes Booth, an actor. The death of Abraham Lincoln was a great loss to America (слайд № 18, 19, 20)
VI. Listen to the poem.
Abraham Lincoln. (слайд № 13)
(Mildred Plew Meigs)
Remember he was poor and country - bred,
His face was lined; his walked with awkward gait
Smart people laughed at him sometimes and said,
"How can so very plain a man be great?"
Remember he was humble, used to toil.
Strong arms he had to build a shack, a fence,
Long legs to tramp the woods to plow the soil,
A head chuck full of back woods common sense.
Remember all he ever had he earned.
He walked in time through stately White House doors,
But all he knew of men and life he learned
In little backwoods cabins, country stores.
Remember that his eyes could light with fun,
That wisdom, courage, set his name apart;
But when the rest is duly said and done;
Remember that men loved him for his heart.
Teacher: One of you will be the President Abraham Lincoln.
Ask him about his family, his work, about himself.
More information about Abraham Lincoln.
- His favourite sports were wrestling and weight lifting
- He was the only President to patent an invention.
- He was the first President to wear a beard and did it so at the request of an 11 year old girl.
- He was the first President depicted on a coin (слайд № 23)
- He loved home-baked pies, especially those mailed to him by the woman of his hometown.
- Images of Lincoln (слайд № 21, 22, 24)
- Family Ties (слайд № 4, 6)
IX. Quotation by Abraham Lincoln. Express your attitude to them.
The ballot is stronger the bullet.
A house divided against itself cannot stand.
It is not best to swap horses while crossing the river.
X. Подведение итогов урока.
XI. At home. Creative work "Abraham Lincoln"