Открытый урок по теме "Эмиграция"
- Новожилова Оксана Вячеславовна, учитель английского языка
Разделы: Иностранные языки
Учебник Opportunities уровень Pre-Intermediate
to introduce the material on the topic;
to develop students’ intellectual abilities according to the topic;
to develop skills in reading, listening, writing;
to teach students to express their opinion;
to develop students’ skills and habits of prepared and unprepared speech (individually, in pairs and groups);
to teach to respect traditions, customs and to understand the culture of other countries.
Equipment: The cassette player, copies of the text materials to give out
I. Greetings. Introduction to the lesson.
Hello, dear friends! I am very glad to see you. Today we’re going to speak about a very serious up-to-date problem – emigration (leave the country), immigration (enter the country). It’s not always a free choice. (refugees, political asylum, mobilization, deportation)
II. Developing speaking skills.
What are the reasons, make a list in your copybooks. Have a look at Ex. 2 p. 92 (key words)
Warm-up exercise 1 p. 92 – vocabulary
Comprehension check and stimulating speaking:
- What’s happening in the photos?
- What can be the reasons of emigration?
- What parts of the world do a lot of emigrants from Russia live in?
- Do you know anyone who has emigrated? Where did they go?
- Are there any immigrants living in Russia? Where are they from?
- Think about the reasons which can make you emigrate.
III. Developing listening skills.
- Now you will listen to a radio programme. What reasons are discussed, why do people leave there countries? Ex. 3 p. 92
- Now you will listen to people and their stories. Complete the table Ex. 4 p. 92 (skip the script)
Ex. 6 p. 93 Listen and answer the question.
IV. Developing grammar skills (multi-part verbs).
Multi-part verb Have a look at Ex. 5 p. 36. Match the definitions with the underlined words. Закрепление нового материала
Ex. 3 р. 64 workbook
V. Homework. Summing up.
To prepare for the speculation on the topic Emigration, Приложение 3.