Who are typically British?
- Петросян Гаяне Оганесовна, учитель
Презентация к уроку
Загрузить презентацию (360,6 МБ)
Внимание! Предварительный просмотр слайдов используется исключительно в ознакомительных целях и может не давать представления о всех возможностях презентации. Если вас заинтересовала данная работа, пожалуйста, загрузите полную версию.
- научить работать в группе, решая поставленные задачи,
- уметь находить ответы на поставленные вопросы,
- формировать навыки самостоятельного решения коммуникативных задач.
- тренировать навык чтения;
- закрепить навык аудирования, построенного на знакомом языковом материале;
- развивать внимание, смекалку, память, мышление.
- повысить интерес учащихся к изучаемому предмету.
Формы организации работы: индивидуальная, групповая, фронтальная.
Оборудование: мультимедиа аппаратура.
Наглядные пособия: презентация, раздаточный материал.
1. Организационный момент.
Good morning, my dear students. It is great to see you all.
Let me start by asking you the same questions I ask you every lesson.
What date is it today?
What day is it today?
What day was it yesterday?
What day will it be tomorrow?
What are you going to do tomorrow at the weekend?
What is the weather like today?
2. In our previous lessons we have discussed a lot of things about Great Britain. And now I want to ask you some questions to check your knowledge about Great Britain. I want to play quest with you. Do you know quest? Quest is when we try to find some keywords in the room. I am going to give you a key to find some items here in our classroom. Choose your keys please. Don’t lose them.
So let’s start. Listen to me very carefully.
Look at these pictures and say what they are. (Show the pictures APPLE MOUSE WINDOW). What do these words have in common? This item is used by everyone. COMPUTER. Come up to the computer and find the task. (Student will bring a map of the UK). Can you draw the line between the borders of these countries? Can you write down the official names of the countries?
Listen to me carefully again. The next key is for you. This item I use when I want to plant something. What can it be? It is filled with soil. A seed is placed in it and it’s watered. A plant then grows in it. (Flower pot). (There the students will find the flower symbols of the countries and place them on their country accordingly).
Look at these words BENCH ARM-CHAIR TABLE. Which of these words are odd? Look under your table, one of you has the next task. (capital cities).
You demonstrated good knowledge. What do you imagine when you think of Britain (the UK)?
(Possible answers: When I think of Britain I think about London. I think about the Queen and the Royal Family. I think about fish and chips, tea etc).
3. Now it is time to watch the video. https://puzzle-english.com/video/british-stereotypes.
4. What is the topic of our lesson? What are we going to discuss today?
5. When we characterize people or their nationality, what part of speech do we use?
Come up to me please. Take these sheets of paper and divide yourselves into two groups: English words and Russian. Try to find your pairs. Place these words here on the board.
giving or ready to give help
kind and pleasant
having or showing behaviour that is respectful of other people
friendly and welcoming to visitors or guests
slow to reveal emotion or opinions
showing kindness towards others
willing to talk and engage in activities with other people
6. At the beginning of our lesson I gave you keys of different colours. And according to the colours of your keys, please form groups. Now work together, discuss your ideas together and write your conclusions on these papers.
7. After the discussion the groups place their decisions around the picture of typically British.
8. What things are the most typically BRITISH? Make your conclusions.
Police are friendly
Love their homes
They have cold houses
Love their pets
Still go fox – hunting
British is a foggy country because of traffic
Love drinking tea
Talk about the weather
Reserved (don’t like displaying their emotions)
Are nature lovers
Don’t think of clothes very much
I asked my friend from GB to represent the British. Let’s see if we’re right! (The students watch the video).
I have given you smiley faces without emotions on. If you liked our lesson today, draw a smile on it. If you didn’t like today’s lesson draw sad face on it.